Part-time freelance marketing coordinator needed for Summer events at CymaSpace
CymaSpace, a young but fast growing non-profit based in SE Portland is looking to hire a paid part-time freelance marketing coordinator.
Our mission is to make performing arts more accessible & inclusive to the Deaf & Hard of Hearing through Technology, Education & Outreach. Take a moment to learn more about our work and mission at cymaspace.org.
If you have experience managing and coordinating arts/community/non-profit events, and the idea of working with the cutting-edge intersection of arts, accessibility and technology in an inclusive, Deaf-friendly environment excites you, we want to hear from you!
- Work with Board of Directors to familiarize self with mission and needs of the Deaf community
- Work directly with Board President to market & promote fundraiser events and performing art showcase events during Summer 2016.
- Proactively publish to organization website and social media channels including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Youtube.
- Coordinate with volunteers and event participants ensure smooth running of each public event.
- Interest in non-profit and charity work (especially in the arts and accessibility).
- Able to commit to attending Sunday work sessions from Summer to Fall 2016.
- Able to commit to working 2-3 times a month for 3-5 hours per session.
- Outstanding English Reading/Writing abilities.
- Excellent project management, communication, organization and time-keeping skills (Managing grants and projects in Google Documents/Spreadsheets and keeping track of hours worked).
Priority given to candidates demonstrating:
- Keen interest in accessibility and technology
- Fluency in ASL (American Sign Language) & familiarity with Deaf Culture.
- Pro-active support of local arts and culture in Portland, OR.
Send your resume, a brief introduction about why you would be a suitable candidate along with samples of prior marketing work to .