CymaSpace (cymaspace.org) is a young but fast growing non-profit based in SE Portland and is looking to bring on a Development Coordinator in a freelance capacity. This is a part-time position where you’ll ideally be available to work on-site for an average 15-20 hours per month with a flexible schedule of your choosing.
Our mission is to make the performing arts more accessible and inclusive to Deaf and Hard of Hearing communities by supporting the development of projects and education programs utilizing Cymatic technology (translating sound waves into visual and tactile phenomena) and presenting these works in live performance, workshops and exhibits.
We believe that when artists involve more of the senses, their work is not only more accessible and inclusive, but also more engaging and exciting.
- The Development Coordinator will be expected to contribute to the organization’s financial growth and ensure that all fundraising events and initiatives are in alignment with their mission and goals.
- Develop and execute a fundraising plan to increase contributions from all sources, including foundations, individuals, and corporate gifts & sponsorships.
- Plan special events, along with cultivation, marketing and recognition functions. These include the Annual Fundraiser and other events.
- Oversee production of all print and virtual public relations and marketing materials, including newsletters and updates, and annual reports.
- Assist with organizations website and public information communications.
- Increase the donor’s base and direct the activities to diverse type of communities.
- Qualified applicants will have one to three years of experience in fundraising and marketing for a nonprofit.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred but will consider equivalent experience.
- Experience submitting proposals and grant applications (preferably with demonstrable prior success).
- Outstanding English Reading/Writing abilities.
- Excellent communication, organization and time-keeping skills (We love Google Documents & Slack).
Not required but greatly preferred
- Professional interest/experience with one or more of the following: Deaf Culture, Technology, Performing Arts & Accessibility.
- Familiarity or fluency in ASL (American Sign Language)
- Familiarity with WordPress CMS
$12 per hour plus bonuses for hitting fiscal targets.