CymaSpace, a young but fast growing non-profit based in SE Portland is looking to hire a paid part-time freelance grant writer.
Our mission is to make performing arts more accessible & inclusive to the Deaf & Hard of Hearing through Technology, Education & Outreach.
If you have experience with creating proposals and grant-writing, and the idea of working with the cutting-edge intersection of arts, accessibility and technology in an inclusive, Deaf-friendly environment excites you, we want to hear from you!
- Work directly with Board of Directors to familiarize self with missioon and needs of the Deaf community
- Take on responsibility of submitting LOIs and applying for grants on a recurring part-time basis.
- Maintain database and Google calendar of existing and new grant resources, deadlines and main points of contact.
- Coordinate with volunteers and project collaborators to collect materials and documentation as needed for each grant application.
- Submit letters of interest and grants both electronically and via postal mail.
- Work with other volunteer grant writers collaboratively and in a mentoring role.
- Interest in non-profit and charity work (especially in the arts and accessibility).
- Experience submitting LOI proposals and grant applications (preferably demonstrable prior success in winning and securing funds).
- Able to commit to working a large number of hours over consecutive days to meet deadlines as they come up on a semi-regular basis.
- Outstanding English Reading/Writing abilities.
- Excellent project management, communication, organization and time-keeping skills (Managing grants and projects in Google Documents/Spreadsheets and keeping track of hours worked).
Priority given to candidates demonstrating:
- Keen interest in accessibility and technology
- Fluency in ASL (American Sign Language) & familiarity with Deaf Culture.
- Pro-active support of local arts and culture in Portland, OR.