Performing Arts nonprofit seeks event coordinator.
CymaSpace, a young but fast growing non-profit based in SE Portland is looking to hire a paid part-time freelance event coordinator.
Our mission is to make performing arts more accessible & inclusive to the Deaf & Hard of Hearing through Technology, Education & Outreach. Take a moment to learn more about our work and mission at cymaspace.org.
If you have experience managing and coordinating arts/community/nonprofit events, and the idea of working with the cutting-edge intersection of arts, accessibility and technology in an inclusive, Deaf-friendly environment excites you, stop what you are doing and contact us!
- Work with Board of Directors to familiarize self with mission and needs of the Deaf community
- Work directly with Board President to coordinate a monthly Arts & Accessibility showcase event.
- Act as main liason and point of contact for performers, ASL interpreters, engineers and event staff.
- Create planning documents, run sheets, stage riders and staff/volunteer shifts
- Coordinate with digital/print designers to create promotion materials.
- Update wordpress-based website, create Facebook events and set-up event ticketing via Brown Paper Tickets.
- Interest in nonprofit and charity work (especially in the arts and/or Deaf community).
- Able to commit to working on-site on Sundays, 2-3 times a month
- Available to coordinate activities during each monthly event (6-8 hour shift)
- Outstanding English Reading/Writing abilities.
- Excellent project management, communication, organization and time-keeping skills (Managing grants and projects in Google Documents/Spreadsheets and keeping track of hours worked).
Priority given to candidates demonstrating:
- Keen interest in accessibility and technology
- Fluency in ASL (American Sign Language) & familiarity with Deaf Culture.
- Pro-active support of local arts and culture in Portland, OR.
Send your resume, a brief introduction about why you would be a suitable candidate along with samples of prior marketing work to .