- Treat others the way you would like to be treated. Assume ignorance and not malice.
- Please be respectful to the opinions of others.
- Help to keep an objective and non-judgmental atmosphere.
- Give yourself and others credit for the work that is done.
- Help to keep a clean and sanitary workspace.
- Do not be afraid to ask for help when you need it.
- Be respectful of others’ personal space and possessions.
- Do not go into other offices without permission, and ask permission before touching other peoples personal things.
- Be respectful of other peoples’ choice of name, personal pronouns, and gender. Don’t be afraid to ask what would be most appropriate.
- Work to clarify misunderstandings, and apologize for harm done.
- Enjoy yourself at CymaSpace! Have fun. Share your talent, skills, and wisdom, so that all may benefit here at CymaSpace.
If people’s conduct falls short of these agreements, speak to them one-on-one. If their conduct does not improve, please address the issue to the Board for further action. All decisions regarding further action should be made democratically with careful consideration. If there is no improvement in conduct, the individual may be asked to leave the space either temporarily or permanently if it is warranted by the Board.
Etiquette for Guests and Volunteers
- You are welcome to visit via appointment or during public events
- Please bring ID (even if underage) and be prepared to check-in.
- For the duration you are on-site please obey our code of conduct.
- Please stick to the designated event areas and do not wander into other tenant spaces or prohibited areas.
- If you require assistance, ask for a CymaSpace staff or volunteer member, please do not bother other tenants (except in case of emergencies).
Compiled by Charles Kemp & Myles de Bastion. Last Updated Feb 21 2017