On July 30, 2017, CymaSpace will be partnering with the Oregon Association of the Deaf (OAD) in its fourth annual DeafFest at Oaks Park. CymaSpace will be making an appearance at DeafFest IV with its own vendor exhibit available in the afternoon.
In the evening, CymaSpace will support OAD by having a team of volunteers prepare the stage for the conference performance. The performance will start at 7:00 PM and feature Indian Deaf dancers, Veena and Vijay Advani. The dancers will be performing an Indian and Bollywood dance on a vibrating stage. This performance is an opportunity for DHH and hearing audiences to learn about the Indian Deaf culture. After the dancers end their show, CymaSpace will continue to assist OAD in removing the equipment.
The performance will feature our Cymatic LED racks. These weatherized, self-contained, modular LED curtain racks are designed for plug-and-play operation with no external lighting controller hardware or computer/software required. Our LED Racks are the most economical option for adding a dazzling Cymatic light display to your event and since they contain an embedded microprocessor and internal microphone, can be set-up without the need for a lighting or sound engineer. These racks are available for you to rent. The link is down below.
Cymatic LED Rack Pair
CymaSpace is currently looking for volunteers. There are opportunities to get involved and assist by volunteering at the exhibit and the stage. CymaSpace is looking for American Sign Language (ASL) users who can volunteer as interpreters at the vendor exhibit for all three shifts.
If you are interested in volunteering for this event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-time freelance marketing coordinator needed for Summer events at CymaSpace
CymaSpace, a young but fast growing non-profit based in SE Portland is looking to hire a paid part-time freelance marketing coordinator.
Our mission is to make performing arts more accessible & inclusive to the Deaf & Hard of Hearing through Technology, Education & Outreach. Take a moment to learn more about our work and mission at cymaspace.org.
If you have experience managing and coordinating arts/community/non-profit events, and the idea of working with the cutting-edge intersection of arts, accessibility and technology in an inclusive, Deaf-friendly environment excites you, we want to hear from you!
- Work with Board of Directors to familiarize self with mission and needs of the Deaf community
- Work directly with Board President to market & promote fundraiser events and performing art showcase events during Summer 2016.
- Proactively publish to organization website and social media channels including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Youtube.
- Coordinate with volunteers and event participants ensure smooth running of each public event.
- Interest in non-profit and charity work (especially in the arts and accessibility).
- Able to commit to attending Sunday work sessions from Summer to Fall 2016.
- Able to commit to working 2-3 times a month for 3-5 hours per session.
- Outstanding English Reading/Writing abilities.
- Excellent project management, communication, organization and time-keeping skills (Managing grants and projects in Google Documents/Spreadsheets and keeping track of hours worked).
Priority given to candidates demonstrating:
- Keen interest in accessibility and technology
- Fluency in ASL (American Sign Language) & familiarity with Deaf Culture.
- Pro-active support of local arts and culture in Portland, OR.
Send your resume, a brief introduction about why you would be a suitable candidate along with samples of prior marketing work to email@example.com.
To mark the beginning of our third year, CymaSpace is pleased to announce a spectacular showcase of our major accomplishments, in an inaugural fundraiser celebration, and you’re invited!
Here is a great opportunity to get involved! Do you want to learn more about what goes on behind-the-scenes, have you always wanted to learn ASL? Or perhaps you’d like to simply give back to the community. Donating your time and skills is a wonderful way to show your support and will earn you (and your +1 companion) complimentary tickets to the event.
CymaSpace is an entirely volunteer-run organization that consists of community members like you, who are pioneering the next generation of accessibility, as it pertains to arts and cultural events. We simply cannot do it without you!
Your volunteering commitment helps CymaSpace open doors for underserved minorities, by working together, we lower the barriers preventing equal access to art and culture, and everyone benefits.
We have volunteer roles to match every kind of personal background or commitment level. From greeting guests with a smile as reception host, assisting performers as stagehand, to more technical audio-visual engineering roles. There are many hands on learning opportunities to gain experience and bolster your resume.
If you are interested in getting involved with this program, please read and complete the proposal form.
We ask that volunteers commit to attending 3 or more of our Fundraising Committee / Volunteer Orientation sessions and complete the volunteer registration form by March 21st. Thank you!